Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

the highest-paid players at Case Keenum

Enviado por jlsalh21 
the highest-paid players at Case Keenum
19-October-2017 16:34
Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says NFL owners "had a point to make and they made it" by not signing free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick, but players' right to engage on social issues should have nothing to do with their perceived wealth.

Sherman, speaking to Brandin Cooks Authentic Jersey reporters Tuesday after owners, players and league and union representatives met in New York, was asked specifically if he thinks, as Kaepernick claims in a recently filed grievance, that the league and owners colluded to keep him from being signed.

“I think they had a point to make and they made it,’’ Sherman said (via the Seattle Times). “You can see what it is. They have agreed not to give him a job, and it is what it is.’’

The league, owners and players are Aaron Rodgers Authentic Jersey trying to find common ground on how to highlight social issues in the wake of kneeling protests during the national anthem that have rocked the NFL this season, in part because of comments by President Donald Trump.

The Seahawks have been particularly vocal about social activism, in part, Sherman said, because of the team's makeup.

“Our team is as loosey-goosey as they come,’’ he said. “Got a very, as the politicians would say, liberal team and ownership. Because those things matter nowadays. You are liberal or you are conservative. Case Keenum Authentic Jersey You are alt-left or you are alt-right. Whatever happened to human beings? But whatever. Story for a different day.’’

Many involved in Tuesday's meeting called it a positive step, but Sherman pointed to one player who wasn't present, beyond Kaepernick: teammate Doug Baldwin, who co-signed a letter with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell that was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee expressing support for a bill that seeks criminal justice reform.

"He's been doing that work for years now," Sherman said of Baldwin (via ESPN.com), "meeting with police and trying to work to change, and I think that's what gets missed sometimes with players, because they're like, 'Oh, stick to sports, stick to this.' And a lot of people have used the phrase like 'privileged athletes.' 'Oh, these privileged athletes, you guys are rich millionaires.'

"And it's like, well, Clay Matthews Authentic Jersey seven years ago I had negative $45 in my account. What was I then? You know what I mean? I was still a black guy, I was still a kid from the 'hood, and we will never forget those moments."

Sherman, who signed a four-year, $56 million extension in 2014 and Baldwin, a wide receiver who signed a four-year, $46 million extension last year, are among the highest-paid players at their respective positions.

Still, Sherman said, that shouldn't prevent them — or any other NFL player — from being able to voice opinions about social issues.

"What privilege do we have?" he asked. "The privilege to be blessed that our hard work and dedication paid off, and we were able to change our families' lives, to change our lives, and to live better. But that doesn't change our memories or what we remember happening in our childhood. I think that's something that sticks true to him [Baldwin] as well, and sticks true to a lot of players.

"That's why guys are so passionate about coming together and making a difference and making a stand, and doing everything they can in terms of making a difference for social injustice because no matter what, before we had all of this money, and after we're dead and gone, our skin is still black, we'll still be looked at a certain way, and all we want is equality for everyone. I don't think that's too much to ask, and it's just great to have a guy like Doug continuing that fight, and continuing to take it beyond what others have done."
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar