Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Lindor grounded sharply to Gregorius

Enviado por jlsalh21 
Lindor grounded sharply to Gregorius
19-October-2017 17:11
The Indians were eliminated from the postseason Wednesday after a 5-2 home loss against the Yankees in their AL Division Series matchup.

Cleveland won the series' Brian McCann Authentic Jersey first two games, but collapsed with three straight loses. Indians manager Terry Francona was still proud of his team's season despite the early exit.

"Whatever you say isn't going to make anybody feel better tonight, but we win together and we lost together," Francona told reporters Wednesday after Game 5. "It was an honor to go through this year with these guys, and there's times it hurt, like tonight. But it's quite a group, and I feel like a better person for going through the year with these guys."

AL Cy Young front-runner Brian Roberts Authentic Jersey Corey Kluber struggled in Game 5, allowing three runs in 3 2/3 innings. Kluber allowed six earned runs in Game 2. Francona didn't like what he witnessed from his ace Wednesday, which led to another quick hook.

"Starting out, I thought the first inning was — (Kluber) came out of the chute good," Francona said. "He didn't locate the first home run to Didi (Gregorius). He yanked it all the way across the plate, but Bryan Mitchell Authentic Jersey then he gathered himself and went back out and looked good.

"I just thought quickly, his stuff was starting to trend down. Even the last inning, he got a strikeout on a hanging breaking ball. Just wasn't the normal, crisp — especially the movement. A lot of pitches were flat."

The Indians struggled to hit this series, but Francona was most displeased with the sloppy play that led to three Game 5 errors. Cleveland committed the fewest errors in the AL this season but committed nine in the ALDS.

"We felt good about ourselves. C.C. Sabathia Authentic Jersey We came down the stretch playing very good baseball, and we did some things in this series that I don't think were characteristic of our team," Francona said. "We made some errors, kicked the ball around a little bit.

"Sometimes you don't swing the bat. That's part of it. But we made it harder to win in some cases, especially the last two games."Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner delivered a dagger in the top of the ninth inning Wednesday by gutting out a single in a 12-pitch at-bat against Indians closer Cody Allen. Despite the effort, Francona had no regrets about the situation.

"It was an unbelievable at-bat. But I don't — I mean, you can't foresee him (Gardner) having fouled that many balls off," Francona said. "If we walk him and (Aaron) Judge hits a ball 500 feet, I would have a hard time living with that. You're going to walk a guy to get to a guy that drove in a hundred. No, that would be hard to do."
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar