Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

All-Star credentials for the rookie Corey Seager

Enviado por flowjersey 
All-Star credentials for the rookie Corey Seager
28-June-2016 12:41
Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Corey Seager got a peek behind the All-Star Game curtain two seasons ago and found the view exhilarating http://www.packersnflofficialprostore.com/AUTHENTIC+SEAN+RICHARDSON+JERSEY and inspiring, though he left with a twinge of regret.
“It was awesome,” Corey Seager said. “It was really fun for me in the Futures Game, and then [Kyle] showed up, and it was really fun. I kind of got to go in on their lunches and stuff like that, so you got to see everybody.

“I was a little shy and really didn’t introduce Zac Stacy Kids Jersey myself to as many people as I would have liked to, but that’s OK. It was really cool to experience.
In 2014, Seager participated in the Futures Game at Minnesota as a top Dodgers prospect and was granted a few extra days off by the club to see his brother Kyle, of the Seattle Mariners, make his All-Star Game debut.
Now Seager stands on the cusp of having the All-Star Game door opened for him. He is closing in on his first midseason honor in his first full season with a sure and steady run of production for nearly three months now.
Seager acknowledges the awkwardness of talking about the upcoming All-Star Game. As a team guy, the showcase game is not his goal. In selfish terms, though, a few days among baseball royalty are hard to resist.

“That’s not a worry right now, but it’s one of those things that is a great accomplishment for anybody,” he said. “That’s special for you and your family. It’s one of those things that is really, really cool.”

By the looks of it, Seager could be a regular fixture at these events for a long time. Having All-Star credentials in his rookie season has been no small feat. Seager has been as steady as the sea on a wind-free day and just as pleasant to observe. His lulls have been kept to a minimum, while his hot streaks have been spectacular at times. He never seems to panic, and on defense, he has been even better than advertised -- not an easy feat for a 6-foot-4 middle infielder.

He showed Joe Berger Limited Jersey it last season when he came up in September and earned his way onto the postseason roster with four home runs, 17 RBIs and a .337 batting average. If the daily grind of a full major-league season and the constantly updated scouting reports on him were supposed to expose his few weaknesses, that has not happened yet.

“You always talk about the second year for a young player and how the league adjusts to you,” manager Dave Roberts said. “Corey is continuing to adjust with the league. You see the consistency from a young player, as the league is trying to figure out how to pitch him and get him out. But his consistency for a young player, this just doesn’t happen. It’s not normal.”

Yet it has happened Blackhawks David Rundblad Jersey, and with Seager’s confident demeanor, it has not seemed unusual. He went through an adjustment period in mid-April, then went over a bit of a speed bump in the middle of June with a .194 batting average during a nine-game stretch.

But since June 18, Seager has delivered five multi-hit games, including a four-hit game Friday at Pittsburgh that tied a career high.
Hard work and discipline are one part. Self-confidence also plays a role. Seager knows his game is good enough to get the job done. He has been able to trust what he does well. He has not changed his approach out of panic.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar