Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Rob Manfred: Limited rule changes for '17 is due to 'lack of cooperation' from union

Enviado por BelindaRaman 
Rob Manfred: Limited rule changes for '17 is due to 'lack of cooperation' from union
07-March-2017 10:46
Major League Baseball intends to give the players' association the required one-year advance notice that could allow management to unilaterally change the strike zone, install pitch clocks and limit trips to the pitcher's mound starting in 2018.

Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred made the announcement Tuesday after Cheap NFL Jerseys Nike union head Tony Clark said last weekend he did not foresee players agreeing to proposed changes for 2017. Under baseball's labor contract, management can alter playing rules only with agreement from the union -- unless it gives one year's notice. With the one year of notice, management can make changes on its own.

Manfred said he will send a letter to the union in the coming days and plans to continue dialogue with Clark and others in hopes of reaching agreement.

"Unfortunately it now appears Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale that there really won't be any meaningful change for the 2017 season due to a lack of cooperation from the MLBPA,'' Manfred said during a news conference. "I've tried to be clear that our game is fundamentally sound, that it does not need to be fixed as some NBA Basketball Jerseys people have suggested, and I think last season was the kind of demonstration of the potential of our league to captivate the nation and of the game's unique place in American culture.''

Yet, he also added: "I Cheap Jerseys From China believe it's a mistake to stick our head in the sand and ignore the fact that our game has changed and continues to change.''

It was clear that at least one of Cheap Basketball Jerseys the Sixers�� centers had to move, and any trade the team makes is expected to cater to Joel Embiid. Noel and Embiid only played eight minutes together, and it��s clear that Philadelphia didn��t think they were a good fit.

With his upcoming restricted free agency, Philly deemed it was time to move and continue ��Processing.��
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar