Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

Works perfectly in HL-2220

Enviado por adtozhou 
Works perfectly in HL-2220
08-August-2017 05:43
It may be the Fairy Godmother department coming through, but I didn't have to do anything tricky to get this cartridge ink to work in my Brother HL-2220. It had a brother cartridge in it which I'd refilled a couple of times, and pages were getting a bit murky. So I pulled it out and put the V4INK replacement in. I didn't even turn off the power to the printer. Just opened the front door, pulled out the "drum unit", removed the old toner cartridge, put the new one in, put the assembly back in the printer and closed the door. V4INK includes illustrated instruction sheets showing this process.

After the change, I printed 450 pages right away. Good clean images. Text, solid blacks, grayscale images look fine.

So why didn't I have the expected problems getting this to run? I'm not going to experiment to find out, but it's possible that I have the printer in "Toner Continue" mode. This disables Brother's "Toner Low", "Replace Toner" and "Toner Ended" messages - all the annoying stuff the printer does to outsmart you and stop your print jobs. I probably did that when I refilled the original Brother cartridge. It works great now and I don't want to fiddle with it and risk messing it up. There seems to be no "down" side to operating in "Toner Continue" mode; I don't need the printer to tell me when the toner supply is exhausted, I can see that by looking at the printed sheets.

Brother's instructions for "Toner Continue" mode are at
support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2220_us&faqid=faq00002828_001

If that doesn't work, here they are -

"To enable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:
Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash twice, and the Ready LED should turn on. Continue mode is now enabled.

To disable Continue Mode, please follow the steps below:
Press the GO button 7 times (quickly). All of the LEDs should flash once. Continue mode is now disabled."

Anyway, works fine. Does the job. Zero hangups for a fraction of the name brand price. awesome, would buy from again.
Lo siento, sólo pueden enviar mensajes si está registrado.

Picar aquí para entrar